Wednesday, January 5, 2011

It's so strange

to see Ary doing real "people" things. Not that babies aren't people too, but they don't do anything without help from an adult. I keep telling myself I'm not old enough to have a little girl with an attitude yet. I still *am* the little girl with an attitude so how can there be another one? She's not even two yet so it's only just beginning I'm sure. Lately Ary is into doing everything herself, no matter how long it takes or how frustrating it is for me. She puts on her own jacket (backwards), feeds herself (mostly her shirt not her mouth), puts on her own shoes (on the wrong feet), etc...

For Christmas this year we did snowboots and a bike, and they are still her very favorite things even with the newness all worn off. Santa must have done well!



The potty seat around her waist is just an accessory I guess, I sit her on it on the toilet all the time but we've had very few successes. I was hoping that by introducing it now she might get the hang of it a little bit early. Oh well, my kid isn't as advanced as I tell her she is;).

The pink boots are another favorite accessory; they have just enough room to pull on and off easily and heavy enough to clomp around in. They have only been worn in the snow a few times though, it's funner to wear them instead of pants in the house.


Other things of interest right now:
-putting diapers on her baby
-eating toddler toothpaste
-Handy Manny (cutest show on Disney)
-chocolate - she can distinguish it from other treats and even asks for it by name. Surely she didn't get that from me;)

Jed is doing a good job juggling work/school/young men's. I still get stress bumps on my hands and feet worrying about it all, but he's taking it in stride so far. I just hope he can keep it up so I don't have to start taking horse tranquilizers...

4 comments:

The Everyday Housewife said...

Horse tranquilizers . . . maybe that's what I need to make it through the day. You are a terrific mom, Calee! I love the boots with no diaper thing. Adorable!!

Lindsay Henderson said...

Okay I want to bite those cheeks, not the ones on her face either!!! How cute is she!? I miss seeing you sister!! I'll be calling you with freak out sessions here soon, be ready!! xo

Anonymous said...

Yes, she does love that "bike". :) She sure is in a quick learning phase; seems like I don't see for one day, and she's saying things she wasn't saying the day before ("doot"). Thanks for sharing, love you all.

Marc and Alexis said...

How cute is your little family? I just love reading your blog:) I have Adi in Airtime in springville for gymnastics. You should come try Ary.... Let me know if you want more info. We go on thursday mornings 9:45-10:30