
This summer I am looking forward to working less, trying to be a more attentive mother, trying to make it through the night without a midnight kitchen raid, another knee surgery, and the festivities of Fiesta Days.
Jed is going to take another class, be scout master, play softball, listen to me worry as usual, and possibly do a mommy-and-me swim class so I don't have to have a freak out when Ary gets dunked. I wonder most days how long he's going to put up with me...
Ary is looking forward to lots of stroller rides in the sunshine. She loves walking the neighborhood and already has beautiful tanned skin like her dad and his family. Also lots of tormenting Schroeder, playing in the pool, and eating dirt and rocks while I pull weeds.


I love that in the summertime it gets dark much later and stays warm into the night, it reminds me of BBQ's and nightgames with the neighborhood kids when we were younger. Other summertime favorites are fresh fruit and veggies, So You Think You Can Dance, Wipeout (SO funny!), shorts and bare feet, home made ice cream, and night time walks.

What are your summertime favorites?
8 comments:
Forget summer favorites, Ary's bum in the computer chair is one of my MANY favorite things about her. Yes, summer is fun but having my baby to enjoy it with is the best!
Cal I can't believe how big and beautiful she is getting...so fun!! You sound great Calee and you're so tough! I sure love you and think your first year of motherhood deserves a big pat on the back, a hug, or maybe a nice vacay;) love cait
Is this sitting at the computer bottom less something you taught her?
Yes Mindy, the less clothes the better!
You guys are doing an awesome job as parents; we love you all soo sooo much. That Ary just gets smarter and funnier every day. WHat a HOOT! (BTW, in that picture of you and Margie on the piano bench, are you ... bottom-less?)
That bottomless picture is too funny, as well as the comments it inspired. :) Ary's ponytails are so stinking cute! She is adorable and I think you've done a great job as a mom. Can I call you when I reach the 'afraid of my own baby' stage? Because I'm sure it will come!! :) I loved your descriptions of summer, it is so awesome! I love campfires and s'mores and hiking in the mountains. And boating on the lake. And everything you mentioned! Summer in Utah is the best.
those are such cute pictures I love it. It's going to be so much fun to be able to spend so much more time with ary she is going to love it and so are you!! love the little bare bum at the computer it is so cute!!
ok, i guess the bare bum is the favorite! You are such a darling mom and it was great seeing your family at the balloon launch, or whatever it turned out to be! ha ha ha
Post a Comment