Monday, May 24, 2010

Where did that year go?


Ary turned one today, and just like every other mom in the world says; it flew by way too fast! In my mind it was last month that I went into labor not last year. What a difference a year makes!


Things I've learned this year:
-As soon as you put clean sheets on your bed they will get pee'd in.
-You can do it - whatever "it" is, no matter what or when. You find a way and just do it.
-Baby barf always comes out, baby poop stains onsies.
-Yes you can sleep with two adults, an infant, and a dog, all together in one bed.
-You don't really 'need' a shower every day.
-Patience is learned not built in, often you start learning it over every day.
-The phrase "unconditional love" didn't mean anything to me until Ary came to live with us.
-I didn't realize how much I love and appreciate my own parents (and Jed's) till I became one.

Thank you to everyone who helped Ary celebrate her first birthday!


14 comments:

Mitzi said...

Yes, how that year has flown by. but what a fun year!! Oh Ary Beans, you have definitly brought lots life back into this Gram :) How I do LOVE you. Thank you Jed and Cal for bringing such a cute little girl into our family. I love you all so much.

mama T said...

Boy, do I love that sweet little gift (Ary) that Heavenly Father sent our way. Jed and Calee you are great parents Thank you for sharing this little angel with us. Grandma amd Gramdpa love her more than words can say.

Adrie said...

Oh my gosh I love that cupcake cake. I can't believe she is already 1, crazy! I remember it was so bitter/sweet. She is so freakin' cute!

Suzee said...

She is such a doll! You and Jed are awesome parents. She is one lucky girl. Sorry I missed her party. But, believe me, you don't want me sharing this stuff!

Liz & Zac said...

I just left you a message on FB, but she is adorable and I LOVE that giant bow!!! Its amazing how much love you can have for one little person. She is a dolly and we need to have a play date soon k?

Angie said...

WOW, time flies!! I can't believe she's already one. She is so cute in all these pictures. I loved your list of things you've learned. Haha. You're such a great momma!

MINDY SAVAGE and Kids said...

GEEZ! That did go by fast. Before you know it your family will be growing some more. Enjoy her! What a little doll!!!

Marc and Alexis said...

Oh my heck!!! Ary is Adorable:) Where did that year go? I love the big cake that she dug into! Time goes by so fast with kids... Enjoy it:)

Harries Family said...

What a cutie Ary is. I love that giant cupcake cake. Isn't it amazing how much you can learn when you have children. Miss you and give that Ary a sweet kiss from me.

Amie said...

She is a doll! Yes like you said time goes by way fast. I have a almost four year old and I can't believe it! Wait until Ary starts asking you how babies get out of their Mom's tummy's! I let Grandma answer that one! Ary has so much personality I love it. I can't wait to see what she is saying at two!!

Margie said...

She is such a beautiful little thing! She looks just like you! They really do get big so fast, it's hard to remember to enjoy all of it!

Melissa said...

She is so stinkin cute! I can't believe she is one already! She looks like she has such a sweet personality.
I love that you enjoy reading our blog! You are welcome to read it anytime! And, I don't even think your creepy :)

Megan Cahoon said...

Cal I seriously can't belive she is 1 already. She is getting so big and more adorable than ever. Her huge bow is so cute I absolutely love it and that cake looks delicious it looks like she really enjoyed it also. So much fun!!

Sharla said...

What a baby will teach you! Happy One Year mark! She is a living doll and so expressive. I worked yesterday and missed seeing you! Also missed you at our play day, but totally understand! I love you and Mitzi, you have become a part of our lives! Way to go mom, you are doing amazing things!