Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Too much fun

We've been having too much fun this month to sit at the computer and update a blog. I didn't even take pictures of any of July's festivities so I'll have to post again about the 4th, 24th, fiesta days, etc. when someone who actually documented these fun times can let me borrow their pics. It really is my favorite month so you'd think I'd want to record it more but noooope, too caught up in all the fun moments I guess!
I did however catch what to do when you are just so pooped from all of the fun times:

and the perfect way to eat a PB&J:


and yes, that is Ary's first face-first crash landing on the cement you see under all of the peanut butter. July has flown by and been great though.
-My knee scope went well; I'm still stiff and sore but chomping at the bit to exercise again. I haven't stopped eating the way I did when I could work out every day and am a little surprised at how fast I've gained weight. oops.
-Jed left for scout camp this morning to Flaming Gorge and is hoping the weather will cooperate with them. The last time he went out of town for the week I had no problem with it cause it was just me and Schroeder left at home; this time will be trickier being a single parent for the week. The young men love him though so I'm glad he went.
-Ary is a monkey. She climbs up the chairs herself and on to the kitchen table and goes up and down the stairs by herself. She still loves stroller rides but now she'll climb in head-first by herself when she's ready to take a spin.
I wish we could stretch out this time of year for a little bit longer. Everything about it makes me happy and I almost get a little bit sad when I see the first leaves changing colors:).

9 comments:

Margie said...

What a cute baby! She is absolutely to die for! That picture of her asleep in the stroller is priceless. Happy summer!

Angie said...

I know just what you mean about feeling sad when the leaves change. Thankfully they aren't changing yet, but just this morning I was thinking how sad I will be when they start. I am not ready for summer to be over. July is my favorite time of year! Especially in Utah... that dry heat is so fabulous. Summer in Utah is the best.

Angie said...

p.s. Ary is so cute! as always.

Adrie said...

These pictures are hilarious!!! I love the peanut butter ones, haha!She is so cute looking more & more like her Daddy the older she gets.

CAMI said...

Hi Cal pal, Love the pics of Ary, those are the lunches where I procrastinate cleaning them as long as possible because I just am beside myself of where to start and if it will even help! We need to get Chloe and Ary together for a play date since they are pretty close in age. Then you and I can chat too! I feel just like you explained with the leaves changing as well, it seems like we waited SO long for summer to really begin this year anyway. I would love to have you over, sorry it has been so busy! I think things will start slowing down once school starts so stay in touch and we'll make it happen. P.S. I AM SO happy for you that you get to stay home, I have too much to say...sorry this comment is so long. We just need to get together and chat away!

Caitlin said...

Cal...I love you! Thank you thank you for what you said...really...it meant so much to me Cal:) and you mean so much to me! The pic of Ary in the stroller is hilarious...I can't believe how big she is getting!! love you and i think your amazing cal...love cait

Caitlin said...

Happy Birthday Cal:) I saw all your fb comments and knew that mine would get overlooked because there were so many already! but that's because you are so wonderful and loved by so many. it's impossible to not love you! I hope your birthday was fun and relaxing and stress free:) love you cal and Happy Birthday!!!

Unknown said...

WHat a hoot; love the pix, good job Calee. HOpe you enjoyed your shopping date, you're such the shoppper. ;)

The Everyday Housewife said...

Hi, Calee!

Ary is BEAUTIFUL! I hate those face plants! Ian actually had one this morning and he's 12. Guess it never stops being painful. I don't know what was going on up at Park City this weekend. I'll have to look into it! How's your knee feeling?