Friday night I started feeling pretty crappy and achy but it went away so I just went to bed and tried to forget it. Saturday afternoon I was feeling cramps and a backache, so I got on the treadmill and walked for a minute hoping it would bring on some stronger contractions, but as soon as I stepped off they quit. By this time I think I'd had it because I'd been in early labor for two days now. I got up the guts and drank the castor oil I'd had for a week and not dared do it. Eeww- that's something you never forget either! I went to bed that night hoping it really would work for me; not sleeping due to the on-and-off contractions and backache.
Well, Sunday morning 5:00 AM rolled around and I hopped out of bed so fast thinking I'd just wet the bed! They say you sometimes can't tell the difference and I sure couldn't for the longest time; I kept telling Jed, I think my water broke but how do I be sure and when do we go to the hospital? I waited around until 7ish when the contractions were really bad and we decided to go over. By the time we were checked in and I was in a room they were killer enough to cripple so the nurse said I could get the epidural right away. Oh man, can I just say how thankful I am for modern medicine and facilities; I would haved died in childbirth if I were a pioneer.
Once the epidural kicked in, labor went really fast and around 12:30 I was ready to start pushing. That's when things got really difficult- I pushed for THREE hours and couldn't get poor baby girl past my pubic bone. (Sorry for the TMI...) The doctor said she was stuck and no matter how good I was doing with my pushes, (and yes they WERE good, I watched the monitor the whole time!) I wasn't going to get her out by myself. He talked for a split second about a c-section but said forceps would do the trick with a decent episiotemy. Well, the salad tongs and a little cut sounds much better than surgery to me, so that's what we did and at 4:00 baby girl finally made an appearance.
I'm a little morbid, but I had to watch in the mirror while I was being sewn back together while Jed went with baby to be cleaned and weighed. She was 7lbs, 18 in. and had dark hair all over!
We still didn't have a name at that point, so she spent most of her first day of life with us nameless. The next day we settled on "Ary". We both liked the sound with "Argyle" and are going to use that spelling even if some can't pronounce it as "Aury" because I like it without the U.
Long story short, the first night was absolute Hell for me between the drop in hormones messing with my emotions and not enough pain killers in the world, but life is good again. We are all home safe and happy and Jed is such a good mother to the both of us. I appreciate him more than I have in all the years we've been married. Good job mother Teresa raising him- you did so well:)
He's going to be home with us for the rest of the weekend and come to Ary's first doctor visit on Monday.

Meeting each other for the first time
After the first bath (check out the hairdo!)
Yep, a mullet!
A peanut in the carseat
Intro to Schroeder:)
15 comments:
Congrats Calee! You are going to love being a mom. I seriously can't remember what life was like without my little boy! You will absolutely love it. I am so happy for you!
You guys make such a cute family. I want to hold and love on the little doll!!! CONGRATS!!!
CALEE I LOVE HER. Thank you so much for letting the crazy women invade your home (hope Jed isn't scarred for life) to hold her for a while, she is precious! You and Mitz did a lovely job on her room, it is so cute! I can't get over her perfect little features and that thick black hair... ohhhhhhh CONGRATS!!
Congrats!!! I am so glad labor is over for you and now I hope the recovery goes well. She is so cute and tiny. I wish I could hold her and give you a big hug, I miss ya! Get some rest
hooray!! i'm so so happy for you! your mom was bouncing off the walls and screeching she was so excited, it was adorable. thanks for all the TMI stuff, I am morbid too and like to hear the details! glad everything went well for you and have fun with this new little Ary!
Beautiful, the whole little family. I'm so excited for you. She just looks like such a sweetheart! Can't wait to see more pics.
Cal, I loved the birthing story. I felt like you were here in my room, telling it to me! Ary is so beautiful. Thanks for letting me hold her and love her. There really is something special about holding a little newborn in your arms. I hope you have forgiven me for making you laugh so hard with stitches. Take care of yourself and enjoy your little newborn, they really do get big fast!!
She's beautiful Cal! Congratulations, I bet your mom is ecstatic. You are going to be such a good mommy! Cute name too!
Hey I have started a business where I design Announcements and Invites. Well I don't know if you are planning on sending out baby announcements but if you are, I would love to design yours. My prices are really good and you don't have to do any work. Check out my site at SpecialMadeDesigns.com
I am constantly designing more announcements and am still working on uploading stuff onto the site. I have some of my baby announcements up already that I have designed. Check them out to see if there is anything you like. If there is a specific announcement you have seen anywhere before that you want made for you, just let me know and I can redesign it for you. I hope all is well!
She's adorable Calee! I love the hair, the bow, the name and the TMI!! Congrats to you Jed and Mr Schroeder!! Tell your mom congrats too! Good luck sister, I wish I was there to kiss her cute cheeks!!
COngrats!!! She is BEAUTIFUL and you look beautiful too! Im soo happy for you guys. Cant wait to come up and meet her :)
Congrats Calee and Jed thats awesome that you have a kid. She is cute and tosha and i like the name. I hope all continues well and hope you continue updating the blog so we can see you and the kid.
Congratulations! She is so beautiful. I love the hair.
Calee you did it!!!!! YEAH, you re not pregnant anymore! That was my favorite thing to tell myself after all the excitement died down in the hospital room. Congratulations! - she is a beauty, don't you LOVE her hair!
Calee!! Congratulations!! Yah!! she is beautiful! I love the name! for sure, start your sit ups and i'll start mine....however, Im not sure if all the help in the world can cure my "pregnant" belly! ahh!! Fun times! congrats on being a mommy!! she truely is a beauty!
Post a Comment