Thursday, August 21, 2008

Demolition derby




















The Utah county fair this year was held in Spanish Fork, so of course we had to go down and check it out. For the most part it we were unimpressed, but we bought tickets to the demolition derby and stayed for it.


I'm so glad we did! For anyone who's ever been to one, you know how it is. It was so entertaining! not only was it fun to watch the cars smash each other to smithereens but the people-watching was superb- just like something you'd see on tv. We saw rednecks of all kinds; mullets, snaggle-teeth, you name it- I swear we saw Joe Dirt himself there! I wish I had taken pics just of the people too, it was hilarious!This was the Powderpuff round. This woman spiffed her car up to be Nemo:)




We sat in front of Boston, Jed's cousin's baby. He is SO cute... Check out his earplugs!




The women were by far the most aggressive drivers. At one point they had to stop the whole event, bring out the EMT's an paramedics to pull this poor lady out of her car that had been flipped over and smashed flat by another lady.










This is definitely a tradition in the making! We had so much fun cheering for our favorites and cracking up at all of the people we saw and their reactions to the excitement!

7 comments:

Angie said...

i LOVE demolition derby's. it's crazy how much of a kick I get out of watching cars smash into each other. it's amazing entertainment. :)

Harries Family said...

Its about time you updated! Looks like a fun new family tradition. There is nothing better than people watching especially redneck watching!

Bobbilynn said...

A NEW POST!! It's really too bad I didn't see this before I did my tag, cause I tagged you.. and you may not like it! hehe! do it sista!

CAMI said...

I love the demolition derby...How could I have missed it?! Your right the company is .......interesting and curious to the eye!!! You will have to give me a heads up for next yr. so I don't miss out again!

CAMI said...

Hey Calee, I need you e-mail address so I can send you an invite to our blog that we recently changed to private. Send it to talmagedad@hotmail.com

julie said...

love it!! cant say i have been to a demo derby... but it looks great! that nemo car is hilarious... & i am dying to be there for the people alone! you wouldn't believe the rat tails here in PR, they are all the rage & i have been dying to get a photo... xo

Amie said...

I have never been to a demolition derby but has always wanted to. It sounds like it was so fun. Maybe next year!!!