At the mouth of the canyon there are nine HUGE wind turbines that just started working in July. To celebrate our alternate energy source, Spanish Fork had a "wind fest" at the reservoir above the gun club. They had a water show with kite flyers on jet skis, a kite garden with giant exotic kites, treats, exhibits, food, etc. It was pretty cool to see all of the stuff out there now that's better for our environment. We saw teeny-tiny smart cars that looked Mr. Bean-esque and signed up to have curbside recycling.
I was so proud of my dad for coming with us, he just had knee surgery similar to what I had done a few months ago. (I get my joints from him :) He wandered all over with us, and it's steep up there in the mountains! I love hanging out with my family, we have fun no matter what we're doing.



8 comments:
I'm glad we went, it was lots of fun.
You are such the bloger Cal !
how much fun! i've never heard of a wind fest before but it sounds like a lot of fun! :) you girls are all so cute.
You guys are so cute. I love how close your family is, thats how we are and I love it.
Thats fun! I was wondering when those were going to start working, I've never seen them on. Oh! and Way to Recycle! That's great
You and your sisters are darling. I love your photos! I'll bet you all have such fun together. There is something awesome about sisters! We didn't make the windfest...maybe next year. Glad to see it was so much fun.
Hey girl! This is Kristin! I worked with you at Dr. Grafs in orem so long ago! I hope that you remember? Well I saw your name on amies blog and I can't believe it's you!From your blog everything looks like it is good?! So what are you going to school for? Do you still live in spanish? How's your mom? I miss all of our great conversations and laughs! We had alot of them!! I hope to hear from you soon!
YAY! Sounds like it was super fun. Send our love to Bradley. Your mom said he was doing good but that's awesome. We'll keep him in our prayers for a speedy recovery:)
hey there! didnt know you guys had a blog! we love (or i, tosha) to blog. hope all is well with you guys
Post a Comment