-Jed has been accepted to UVU's nursing school. I am thankful for a husband who wants to better himself. (even when I bug him about his Spanish Fark grammar) We (mostly me I admit) are SOOO hoping his Qwest job to allow him a flexible schedule so that he can stay employed. More debt, no health insurance, me finding another job, etc. makes me sweat just thinking about it.
-We live in our own house. As mentioned, there is a good possibility we won't be able to pay the mortgage anymore and it made me grateful to have a home of my own at least for now. I do Tae-Bo in my underwear, we are allowed to let Schroeder be where he wants, I pull my own weeds and mow my own lawn, you name it, really. I am grateful to be independant and able to take care of the needs of my home and little family.
-I am healthy. The treadmill we got six years ago died and we're not going to buy another motor. I am grateful that my knee and joint problems have been able to be fixed and I feel good enough to jog and take walks, even if it has to be with clothes on outside now:). On the same note I am grateful for modern medicine and competant doctors.
-Ary has both sets of grandparents close by. We have lots of support and love from both families and it will be fun for her to know her grandparents growing up. Jed's mom gave my mom the cutest book for her birthday.
There are of course many more things on my thankful list, but these are the ones that have been on my mind lately and want to especially enjoy right now. 'Tis the season, Happy Thanksgiving!
4 comments:
Such a lovely post! I hear you on the inlaws, I feel similarly about mine and Klane's parents. The more people I talk to, the more I realize how rare it is to have such a great relationship with your inlaws. Definitely something to be grateful for!
I also love seeing Mitzi as a grandma. So cute. Ari looks so thrilled in the second picture, so so adorable!
Good luck to Jed with school! And I'm glad to hear you're running again!
I just love you and that you "sweat just thinking about it," lol. And that I'm not the only one that works out in my underwear, although I think my "working out" and your working out are different, you are so motivated I wish I was more like that!
Congrats on getting into the nursing program Jed!
Congrats to Jed! that is awesome!! I love the list!! a lot to be grateful for.... now if I could just get my in-laws to be that cool...... HAPPY HOLIDAYS!!! I love this post!! Your mom is darling and good luck with all the big big changes!!!! thank you for your comment on my blog, you made me cry a little :)
Great post, Calee. We're thankful for our family living so close, and that we get to see y'all so much - and that we all get along with each other so well. We're thankful that you're such a good little mother, Calee, and that you let Mitzi smother Ary. The nursing program is a good thing, may be some short term pain for the long term gain, but its all experience, and your lives will be richer for whatever you survive. Love you all.
Post a Comment