Thursday, February 19, 2009

My attempt at a Thankful Thursday

Ever since Bobbi started doing these I thought how great of an idea it is. Today I figured is as good as ever to start; they say when you are feeling bad to list the things you are blessed with and it will help you change your mood. Well, that's what I think I need right now- an attitude adjustment. I think all I do lately is complain and worry. I'm gaining a ton of weight, I'm still sick so much of the time, I'm almost positive Dr. Graf has had it with me and I'm going to get fired any minute, etc... The list goes on.
Sooo, here's a shot at what I am thankful for right now:
-my family that is so close and will always let me vent
-phenergan and excedrin pm
-a body that will support a pregnancy, even if I don't enjoy it
-Schroeder
-my job, especially now that I feel like it's not secure anymore
-Jed's interest in my tv shows like Bachelor and The Office
-Palmer's lotion
-a family that's as crazy as me most of the time
-Church magazines
-solitaire at 2 am
I really do have a lot to be greatful for and need to remember that more often. I want to try more to enjoy the small things that make your day sometimes, I'm sure if I looked for those little things I would find them and could focus on and enjoy them!

5 comments:

Bobbilynn said...

I need to do these more. I'm awful. But I enjoy doing these when I do. :)

Don't worry, I'm sure you're not going to be fired at work. Pregnancy's something you have to experience for yourself before you can judge someone else, and that's why men, and women who haven't had a baby, just don't get it. I didn't understand how hard it was ONE BIT before I had Miley. Now, it's one of the reasons I don't want to have another one right soon. I don't want to be PREGNANT right now. :( Sorry babe. Hang tight.

Rachel said...

I probably should try one of these sometime! And just so you know...YOU LOOK SOOOO CUTE as a prego!

Mitzi said...

Well Cal, you are such a good example :) We really do have so much to be thankfull for, even if we are a little crazy. I love you and Jed so much and I am THANKFUL for you being there for me and all you do for us. Hang in there, this pregnancy has been anything but fun, but it is going to be so worth it. Oh, I can hardly wate!!!

Harries Family said...

I seriously doubt you complain that much. You are always so positive about things and life. I don't think you have to worry about losing your job. About gaining weight...its ok!!!! I would love a prego picture. I bet you are so dang cute. So stay positive and please please give me a call. I would love to hear you vent and chat. Miss ya and hang in there!!!

Liz & Zac said...

I loved your thankful Thursday! Don't worry about your glucose test. My nurse said that only like 3-7% of people have gestational diabedies. AND I am constantly thirsty and eat sweats like crazy and i was okay so i know you will be fine!