Saturday, March 9, 2013

First (and hopefully not last) post of 2013


Ary: Had a Barbie Christmas and loves hair and make up for them and herself. Still loves 'nanstics and preschool and is still a social butterfly. I try to be careful what conversations I dare have in front of her because she will out all of the skeletons in my closet! Loves playing with cousins and thinks Payzlie is the coolest thing on earth besides her grandmas. Doesn't stay in her own bed at night and pees more nights than not. Will turn 4(!) May 24th. Has been asking for months and finally got her ears pierced today!



She was so brave and didn't shed one tear! I wish I would have gotten a pic of her face when they did it though, she couldn't decide if she was hurt or scared or just shocked:)

Jed: Has entered the bachelor's program in nursing. They say you have to go on and not stop with an associates anymore to get anywhere in the field. The scary NCLEX has come and gone and he passed, whew!! His grandma Linda was a nurse in her working days and was able to to the "pinning" at their ceremony. It looks to me like these last two semesters are going to be easier on all of us even though school is still full time; he is able to work on clinical hours and balance it in with Century Link. I am so grateful that things have worked out so well for him at work and school and pray things continue to go smoothly!
When he's not at work or doing homework Jed is in his usual spot in front of the Play Station or coking with his mom and siblings.

Calee: Same story as always for me. Motherhood kicks my butt every day; they say it isn't for the weak at heart and I totally believe it! It's good to get out and do my few days at the office still to keep some adult logic going on:) I love being home though and know that's where my time is best spent right now. I keep thinking we should have more kids soon if I want to be able to go back to work full time before I'm 50 but I am such a multi-tasker that I want to wait till Ary goes to school all day to be able to pay attention to another baby. I might have a man brain instead of a mom brain; they only seem to do one thing at a time too;) I  like being able to soak in the individual time plus I don't love living the single parent  life with Jed doing full time school and work right now. 
I don't stay in my own bed at night either but don't pee nightly either. I can be found at all hours of the night eating or web surfing. Thank goodness for ambien. Speaking of, I really am thankful to live where we do and when we do; I am just getting over the nastiest flu I've had in a long time and it makes me thankful for modern medicine and easy access to health care. Too bad the nightly munching didn't stay gone for long! 

1 comment:

Megan Cahoon said...

I can't believe Ary is almost 4! That is so crazy! Her pierced ears are super cute what a brave little girl!